It's Saturday morning and most us are experiencing some pretty cold weather I know we are. But you know what? I like it! I love Fall and then Winter is a close second. It's probably because of the family time and the cold weather. I like to bundle up, hang out with my family and enjoy the Winter season!
But I know Winter has it's ugly side, first thing comes to mind higher heat bills, going out into the cold, and being inside a lot. We've seen the higher heat bill, I don't enjoy getting out with the kids in the freezing weather ( I do like going out in the cold by myself), and the boys aren't getting their outside time. Don't get me wrong they want to. They would brave the cold to play outside, but they come back in with red, chapped faces and little runny noses.
So I get why people are so ready for warmer weather. But it's still Winter and you're kids are probably tired of watching the same shows and playing the same inside games, I know mine are. So here's a few ideas to change things up this weekend...
- Make new rules up for your old board games
- Make puzzles out of card stock or old puzzles
- Do a scavenger hunt inside
- Break out the big bucket of craft supplies and go to town. Hello? Pinterest!
- Make flags (Why? wait for it...)
- Build forts on opposite ends of the house, then play capture the flag
- Read a book & use voices (I love to use different voices when I'm reading to the kids)
- Cook together kids love to cook with us & you can make it interesting, maybe use unexpected ingredients & let them choose. Note: I did not say set them free in the kitchen, I would definitely supervise.
- Hide & Go Seek, yes I said it, we played all the time as kids and you still can
Got a new game you invented? Share it! Have a craft that your kids love to do? Share it! A kid friendly recipe? Do tell! Share your ideas that you've been doing to change things up during these cold days inside!